Senior Craver
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag TheWinProxy

Router recommendations in the $40 - $60 price range

Right now I'm using a D-Link that I won years ago from work. It sat in the box for years until I finally had to use it... and it's a POS. Always dropping my connection. Plus, the setup software is terrible and actually makes it harder to establish a connection. Any recommendations for a replacement? I don't need anything fancy. Just something reliable with solid range.
    SIGNATURE

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Feyd1130 PSN ID PHAROAHPRIME
    What do you want to use it for? Media? Gaming? Just the WEBZ?
    Niagra.

Senior Craver
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag TheWinProxy
    Mostly for the interwebs, Netflix, and World of Warcraft. Every so often, when the moon is just right, I'll jump on some Xbox Live.
    SIGNATURE

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag con100 PSN ID cjo1992
    I have a Netgear and it does the job for me. This is the one I have NETGEAR - RangeMax Dual-Band Wireless-N Router with 4 Ethernet Ports - WNDR3400-100NAS but it's out of your range.

I almost got this one which the reviews are good and it's in your price range.
    NETGEAR - Wireless-N Router - WNR2000-100NAS

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverSpoken View Post
    Right now I'm using a D-Link that I won years ago from work. It sat in the box for years until I finally had to use it... and it's a POS. Always dropping my connection. Plus, the setup software is terrible and actually makes it harder to establish a connection. Any recommendations for a replacement? I don't need anything fancy. Just something reliable with solid range.
    It's and older router, but it seems to still be the best one under $60.

Newegg.com - Linksys WRT54GL Wireless Broadband Router 802.11b/g up to 54Mbps/ Compatible with Open Source DD-WRT (not pre-load)
    Quote Originally Posted by hub View Post
    The only reason this is even an issue is because America has made the rest of the world's governments a bunch of sniveling fucktards.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxFIVETONxxxx View Post
    First thing I did after the intro mission, drive straight north to the mountains. Got halfway up and a fucking cougar killed me. lol.

Senior Craver
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag TheWinProxy
    Quote Originally Posted by con100 View Post
    I have a Netgear and it does the job for me. This is the one I have NETGEAR - RangeMax Dual-Band Wireless-N Router with 4 Ethernet Ports - WNDR3400-100NAS but it's out of your range.

I almost got this one which the reviews are good and it's in your price range.
    NETGEAR - Wireless-N Router - WNR2000-100NAS
    The WNR2000 does look very good. Plus it's available at my local Best Buy so no shipping charges.
    SIGNATURE

Senior Craver
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag TheWinProxy
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    I think I had that one years ago but gave it to a roommate because I had my new "D-Link" router. Yeah, that worked out well...
    SIGNATURE

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag xxxxFIVETONxxxx PSN ID xxFIVETONxx Steam ID ralph001
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    This man knows what he is talking about. Perhaps the best router in that price range. Couple it with a custom firmware and it is boss. I have been running this router with that firmware for ages and it is perfect.

Senior Craver
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag TheWinProxy
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxFIVETONxxxx View Post
    This man knows what he is talking about. Perhaps the best router in that price range. Couple it with a custom firmware and it is boss. I have been running this router with that firmware for ages and it is perfect.
    Is it tricky to install the custom firmware? I'm betting it isn't but I'm also completely clueless when it comes to wireless. I'm with Comcast right now. Would that be a problem?
    SIGNATURE

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag xxxxFIVETONxxxx PSN ID xxFIVETONxx Steam ID ralph001
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverSpoken View Post
    Is it tricky to install the custom firmware? I'm betting it isn't but I'm also completely clueless when it comes to wireless. I'm with Comcast right now. Would that be a problem?
    Nah, it's super easy. I am also with comcast. It isn't an issue at all. Just follow the instructions on the site and you are good to go. Also, you don't have to install the custom firmware. The firmware it comes with is just fine, but I have a problem with wanting to hack/improve everything that I own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast