Thread: I'm sick of the XMB/PSN

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sick of the XMB/PSN

It fucking sucks.

PSN sucks. The XMB sucks. Content/Community wise. I feel like a gamer all alone when playing the PS3. I don't get that 'connected' feeling that I do with Live. And I like having that feeling when it's 2.am in the morning and I'm all by my lonesome.. The green and colorful colors lift my mood, seeing my friend's avatars light up when I scroll to them bring joy to me; having access to new ign tips or inside xbox videos provide entertainment and shit; seeing what's up in the Xbox world or new stuff to check out---it just feels like a whole community and I like that. I don't need to load up another application and fucking download a video just to see the bitch. Xbox wraps it all up in nifty dashboard tabs on the main screen.

PSN has none of this. Not to mention the similar features it has falls very short compared to Live. Messaging, video (can you even video chat?), music, gamer profiles, achievements, avatars/gamerpics blah blah.

Some great games on PS3 but everything else just fails.

Microsoft has the online battle WON. By miles.

And I know I'll encounter people who just "play games" and couldn't care 'less' about bells and whistles and argue against this but I'm not one of you. Fuck you.

I'm drunk.

Here's to hoping for a complete change and face lift for the PS3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag crooky369
    Nah XMB is the best it's cuts the MS crap you listed which you can have the choice to watch on gametrailers in better quality and fuck avatars they're just a waste of space, the only thing that's poor on the XMB is the slowness of loading up trophy's and the horrible messaging system where expired invites stay there forever...

It's bad that PSN doesn't have private chat though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the ps3's XMB. Looks clean cut and smooth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag somsjeans PSN ID VinceAutMorire Steam ID thesoms
    I love the XMB, the layout is FAR superior to the endless tab bullshit of the 360 dashboard. Don't get me wrong, the PSN store (both video/games) blows; the design doesn't fit in with the XMB layout, and its just a piss poor design overall; so in that regard, the 360 wins for me.

As for feeling lonely? dunno what to say there. Honestly, I was pumped for avatars when they were first released, then quickly got annoyed with them. If you have a ton of friends on your list it takes ages for you to load one of them with all the avatars flying past.
    I also hate the ads all over the dashboard...wtf I pay for Live, why haves TONs of ads everywhere?

As for PSN itself, I guess you haven't really played many MP games on it yet, because I've had a lot less lag while gaming on it than I ever did on 360. Also, way more mics as well in MW2/W@W.

Dunno why you listed music, achievements, and gamerpics, as those are all things the PS3 has (also video? lol wtf, PS3 has way more options for watching videos than 360 does). I suggest you take the time to get used to it, there's much more to it than I previously ever thought (coming from someone who was pretty against picking one up until a year ago)
    Last edited by somsjeans; 10-24-2010 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Brain Mantis
    Best way to explain what the OP is attempting to.

Disregarding personal opinon on style/look. The dashboard simply is a more smooth and consistant experience. The XMB basicalyl feels like parts were bolted on as they were catching up to xbox features so there is disconnect when doing stuff. Like the dashboard pretty much always looks like th dashboard no matter what section you are in. XMB, go into the store, looks completely different.

They both get the job done, but i do prefer the dashboard to it. And they really don't have many ads, people seem to blow that out of porporation. At max its like 1 direct ad (like non game related ad) on like one of the hubs. Other than that they are "ads" for contests or sweepstakes related to gaming.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Dakrewkideye PSN ID Dakrewkideye
    It gets the job done, but i like the Dashboard better cuz its prettier.
    R.I.P Sean, you will be a friend always...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag somsjeans PSN ID VinceAutMorire Steam ID thesoms
    Quote Originally Posted by Thug541 View Post
    Best way to explain what the OP is attempting to.

Disregarding personal opinon on style/look. The dashboard simply is a more smooth and consistant experience. The XMB basicalyl feels like parts were bolted on as they were catching up to xbox features so there is disconnect when doing stuff. Like the dashboard pretty much always looks like th dashboard no matter what section you are in. XMB, go into the store, looks completely different.

They both get the job done, but i do prefer the dashboard to it. And they really don't have many ads, people seem to blow that out of porporation. At max its like 1 direct ad (like non game related ad) on like one of the hubs. Other than that they are "ads" for contests or sweepstakes related to gaming.
    well put

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somsjeans View Post
    As for PSN itself, I guess you haven't really played many MP games on it yet, because I've had a lot less lag while gaming on it than I ever did on 360. Also, way more mics as well in MW2/W@W.

Dunno why you listed music, achievements, and gamerpics, as those are all things the PS3 has (also video? lol wtf, PS3 has way more options for watching videos than 360 does). I suggest you take the time to get used to it, there's much more to it than I previously ever thought (coming from someone who was pretty against picking one up until a year ago)
    More mics/talking on PSN? lolz.

I've done my share of online gaming in PSN and I'll stay on the contrary with that.

Yeah, I've been using the PS3 since '07 and I recently bought a slim in February/March (can't remember). I've essentially been there since the beginning. Leave out sprinkles, a poor "in-game xmb", visual changes and other minor tweaks... Sony has really done jack shit with their OS.

My problem is that it feels old. XMB was introduced with the PSP--that was in 2004. Having the same OS for portable/console is extremely lame... especially if it's been 6 years.

We need an Xbox blades--->NXE type change.

Xbox Blades>>XMB
    Last edited by intelligente; 10-24-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag crooky369
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligente View Post
    More mics/talking on PSN? lolz.

I've done my share of online gaming in PSN and I'll stay on the contrary with that.

Yeah, I've been using the PS3 since '07 and I recently bought a slim in February/March (can't remember). I've essentially been there since the beginning. Leave out sprinkles, a poor "in-game xmb", visual changes and other minor tweaks... Sony has really done jack shit with their OS.

My problem is that it feels old. XMB was introduced with the PSP--that was in 2004. Having the same OS for portable/console is extremely lame... especially if it's been 6 years.

We need an Xbox blades--->NXE type change.

Xbox Blades>>XMB
    Try 2003! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(DVR)

Mentioned
    824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Brain Mantis
    haha good point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast