Looking for a brew you can't get in your home state? Ask for it here.
Have something you want to put up on the trading block? Post a pic of it, how many you have and what you're looking for in return.
1. Absolutely no money is to be exchanged, trading beer for beer is legal in most states but if you pay someone for it that's a no no in many states. When negotiating a trade some people prefer $4$ off the shelf value, and others will take into account rarity or vintage in the value. That's where negotiation comes in.
2. Please read this first before trading, it has some great pointers on packaging.
3. Shipping is best through Fedex (though I have had success through UPS), and if you can, make an account online so you can print your own labels and drop the box off without ever talking to anyone. If you must talk to a clerk, tell them you're shipping collectible glassware or something similar. Of course, shipping internationally is a no go with most customs regulation.
4. You can check this site to determine what brews you have that other states may not. This will give you a good idea as to what you can use to bait members into trades.
5. After you receive your beer, please review it here.
6. When you get a trade in remember to keep the packaging/box for your next trade, saves time and money when you reuse stuff.
7. If at all possible, sign up at www.beeradvocate.com and create your list of wants and gots, this will make it easier for trading. For example I will link to what I have, and what I want.
i want to trade but I would like to avoid signing up to another forum to do it.
Well you don't have to sign up, they just have a handy way to list all your wants and gots so it would be helpful. But doing like you did and posting what you have and what you want is also an effective way.