C3K
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Mr C3K
    Quote Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
    lol, yeah how dare they speak up as we spend ourselves into death.
    This stand-off has nothing to do with stopping spending. They know this won't be passed, but they choose to play games with people's livelihood in order to score political points. If they really wanted to focus on cutting spending, they would amend their bill and compromise, or they would offer an alternative to Obamacare. They've done neither, because cutting spending is not what this about.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Morfeeis
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcratz View Post
    So shutting down the govt = speaking up?

How does this advance their agenda in ANY way? I ask because it doesn't make sense to me. I don't see how this advances their agenda on any way.

I'm looking for a non-smartass response.
    At this point it's a lost cause, but if they use health care to slow down spending then so be it. as long as they do something. Shutting the government down has been done a lot in the past. From the late 70's and throughout the 80's and 90's.

As far as advancing their agenda, well the people that voted for them do not like or want the ACA, it's killing jobs, costing people a crap load of money and has been said to a POS by both people on the left and the right. if they were smart they would just say "we'll let them have their way " and then watch the house of cards tumble down as people see how bad the ACA is.

I just want them to stop spending and borrowing so much money, so anything that is done, even if for a little bit of time that stops the spending is great in my book. 80 billion a week in new money, 17 trillion in debt and an economy that is moving as slow as shit, something has to give and soon.
    You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Morfeeis
    Quote Originally Posted by C3K View Post
    This stand-off has nothing to do with stopping spending. They know this won't be passed, but they choose to play games with people's livelihood in order to score political points. If they really wanted to focus on cutting spending, they would amend their bill and compromise, or they would offer an alternative to Obamacare. They've done neither, because cutting spending is not what this about.
    stop listening to Obama's talking points and do your own research, there is a alternative plan and there always has been. it is about cutting spending, do you have any idea how much has and will be spent pushing the ACA?
    You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.

C3K
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Mr C3K
    stop listening to Obama's talking points and do your own research, there is a alternative plan and there always has been. it is about cutting spending, do you have any idea how much has and will be spent pushing the ACA?
    Please don't make assumptions about how I come to my conclusions, especially when you sound like a Fox News talking head.

Cutting spending by gutting healthcare is not an alternative plan; an alternative plan would be to deliver roughly what Obamacare delivers with small changes here and there to alleviate spending. You're delusional if you think threatening this shut down has anything to do with cutting spending.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag I Pray to Crom
    God forbid we cut that 700+ billion defense budget and find some money there. Anyone with half a brain knows that budget could have been in the 300 billion range all these years and been just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryerone View Post
    Never discuss race again.
    You either die a forum hero...or you live long enough to see yourself turn into ajreynol.

Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Mcratz
    At this point it's a lost cause, but if they use health care to slow down spending then so be it. as long as they do something. Shutting the government down has been done a lot in the past. From the late 70's and throughout the 80's and 90's.

As far as advancing their agenda, well the people that voted for them do not like or want the ACA, it's killing jobs, costing people a crap load of money and has been said to a POS by both people on the left and the right. if they were smart they would just say "we'll let them have their way " and then watch the house of cards tumble down as people see how bad the ACA is.

I just want them to stop spending and borrowing so much money, so anything that is done, even if for a little bit of time that stops the spending is great in my book. 80 billion a week in new money, 17 trillion in debt and an economy that is moving as slow as shit, something has to give and soon.
    Right, so I'm not going to go into detail about how the deficit has already been cut in half under Obama from Bush era spending.

The question always has been about the political implications of this. I don't doubt that there are a ton of people that hate ObamaCare, and there are millions that want to see it go and abolished. And regardless of the merits about what you believe it will do vs what the left believes it will do, the fact remains that the GOP right now is having it's hand forced by a small contingent in the party.

This is a negative sum game in the end. They are using the threat of Shutting down the gov't to get something passed ... when they already know that the measure will never pass. The article that @C3K posted earlier said it really well: At this stage the GOP is feeding right into Obama's hands because they are making themselves look inept, are causing infighting within their own party, and are doing nothing to help themselves come mid-terms.

I think that we can both acknowledge that the fair majority of Americans lie somewhere in-between the extremes that have developed in both parties. All this is doing is reaffirming the statements that Obama has been saying which is that the GOP is unfit to lead because their interests is not in helping Americans. By shutting down the gov't, hasn't the GOP shown exactly that?
    There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers. Richard Feynman

#Beer4CommishCrew2014

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag I Pray to Crom
    I sure as hell don't feel like my government represents me..

Time for new blood.
    You either die a forum hero...or you live long enough to see yourself turn into ajreynol.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Morfeeis
    Quote Originally Posted by C3K View Post
    Please don't make assumptions about how I come to my conclusions, especially when you sound like a Fox News talking head.

Cutting spending by gutting healthcare is not an alternative plan; an alternative plan would be to deliver roughly what Obamacare delivers with small changes here and there to alleviate spending. You're delusional if you think threatening this shut down has anything to do with cutting spending.
    One i dislike fox news, they don't represent my views on most issues, two an assumption was not made, you said there is no other plan. you're spouting the same BS the POTUS is, so if you're not taking his talking points then you're just ignorant to what is going on in your country.No matter what your opinion isn't based on all available info.

Second the government shouldn't be involved in health care in the first place, it's wrong and forcing everyone to pay for everyone elses health care is going to cost a crapload of money THAT WE DON'T HAVE! They are screwing you over and stealing from you and you're helping. it's like when your grandmother told you to pick you own switch and you're getting the thickest one with all the thrones.

Right, so I'm not going to go into detail about how the deficit has already been cut in half under Obama from Bush era spending.

The question always has been about the political implications of this. I don't doubt that there are a ton of people that hate ObamaCare, and there are millions that want to see it go and abolished. And regardless of the merits about what you believe it will do vs what the left believes it will do, the fact remains that the GOP right now is having it's hand forced by a small contingent in the party.

This is a negative sum game in the end. They are using the threat of Shutting down the gov't to get something passed ... when they already know that the measure will never pass. The article that @C3K posted earlier said it really well: At this stage the GOP is feeding right into Obama's hands because they are making themselves look inept, are causing infighting within their own party, and are doing nothing to help themselves come mid-terms.

I think that we can both acknowledge that the fair majority of Americans lie somewhere in-between the extremes that have developed in both parties. All this is doing is reaffirming the statements that Obama has been saying which is that the GOP is unfit to lead because their interests is not in helping Americans. By shutting down the gov't, hasn't the GOP shown exactly that?
    This about sums it up; if the democrats win, America has lost. if the republican win, America has lost.

Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Mcratz
    Second the government shouldn't be involved in health care in the first place, it's wrong and forcing everyone to pay for everyone elses health care is going to cost a crapload of money THAT WE DON'T HAVE! They are screwing you over and stealing from you and you're helping.
    Except for the fact that people agree with him ... and are willing to spend their own money to see the betterment of society ... Greater good and all that. This is something that the rest of the civilized world has already come to terms with ... which is why most of the civilized world has UNiversal Healthcare for it's citizens.
    There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers. Richard Feynman

#Beer4CommishCrew2014

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag I Pray to Crom
    Except for the fact that people agree with him ... and are willing to spend their own money to see the betterment of society ... Greater good and all that. This is something that the rest of the civilized world has already come to terms with ... which is why most of the civilized world has UNiversal Healthcare for it's citizens.
    One day we'll be green!

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast