Thread: Just one more reason I want to move to Texas

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Grunt Returns

Just one more reason I want to move to Texas

I'm glad to see people are standing up against oppression here in the US.

Feds Issue Threat: No Fly Zone for Texas? – Tenth Amendment Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanic Mouse View Post
    You shouldn't be so angry. Going to work like in this state is going to lead you to beat up a minority or something.

Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Mcratz
    That oppression was brought about because of a very real need in better safety measures.

That said, the TSA is a little bit overboard; coming back from Argentina as I was going through Customs they decided to do a search of my bags. No problem. After that I had to go through to catch my connecting flight, and they made go through security again. OK, I haven't left a secure area since I boarded the plane in Buenos Aires, but OK. Then they sent my carry-on through t e scanner 3 times, asked me to go through the scanner twice, and asked me to go into the full body scanner. WTF?!?!? Especially since this was the shirt I was wearing!!

So can I assume Mopar that you also believe that Homeland Security is a waste of taxpayers money and it should be disbanded?
    There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers. Richard Feynman

#Beer4CommishCrew2014

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Grunt Returns
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcratz View Post

So can I assume Mopar that you also believe that Homeland Security is a waste of taxpayers money and it should be disbanded?
    I'm not up to date on everything Homeland Security does, but I think the Patriot Act shouldn't exist.

"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither."
    -Benjamin Franklin
    You shouldn't be so angry. Going to work like in this state is going to lead you to beat up a minority or something.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Brutis1 PSN ID Brutis1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopar View Post
    I'm not up to date on everything Homeland Security does, but I think the Patriot Act shouldn't exist.

-Benjamin Franklin
    I love my freedom but I also love to "feel" safe. Does the TSA go too far sometimes? Sure. Are some of their techniques too invasive? Yes.

But I don't think the founding fathers or Benjamin Franklin could foresee or predict the security threats we see and have today. At least in this instance.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Grunt Returns
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutis View Post
    I love my freedom but I also love to "feel" safe. Does the TSA go too far sometimes? Sure. Are some of their techniques too invasive? Yes.

But I don't think the founding fathers or Benjamin Franklin could foresee or predict the security threats we see and have today. At least in this instance.
    They couldn't see exactly what is going on, obviously, but there is another quote somewhere, I forgot who said it...it goes something like, "If tyranny ever comes to this land, it will be in the disguise of fighting a foreign enemy."

Does the TSA really make you feel safer? This is an honest question. They don't make me feel any safer whatsoever.

Mentioned
    830 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag XxXx~~DallasCowboysSuck~~xXxX PSN ID Aka1012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopar View Post

-Benjamin Franklin
    I hate people who pull this quote out all the time. Seriously? Your freedoms are being traded in by a pat down at the airport? LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToastOfR View Post
    I'm an admin on this forum.

Have a nice vacation.
    You either die a forum hero...or you live long enough to see yourself turn into ajreynol.

Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Mcratz
    Nah, I can agree with that.

I've seen them let through some pretty sketchy characters and have huge problems with a mother of 3. I know many have said it, but when it comes to Airport security, the Israeli model should really be the default.

Fuck people's feelings. This is for their security.
    There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers. Richard Feynman

#Beer4CommishCrew2014

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Grunt Returns
    Nah, I can agree with that.

I've seen them let through some pretty sketchy characters and have huge problems with a mother of 3. I know many have said it, but when it comes to Airport security, the Israeli model should really be the default.

Fuck people's feelings. This is for their security.
    I'm not familiar with the Israeli model. Can you explain?

Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Mcratz
    If they look like they might be guilty, pat down. If they look suspicious, pat down. They racially profile and then screen passangers based off their profiling.

It unfortunately upsets ACLU sensibilities.

#Beer4CommishCrew2014

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Capn Stabbins
    If they look like they might be guilty, pat down. If they look suspicious, pat down. They racially profile and then screen passangers based off their profiling.

It unfortunately upsets ACLU sensibilities.
    I completely agree. When mothers of 3 with their children start blowing up planes? I'll profile their ass's.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast